Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The next day...


Ci siamo ancora? Translation: "Are we there yet?" Not quite, but we found more cans HAHA...Today we figured we need 60,000 dimes (we currently have 300) and we will have met our goal to get to Italy. My sister just informed me that I was supposed to take her..Oops..sorry sis..but now she has challanged us, she will be saving her quarters and we will see who gets there first. Maybe we will all just go together.




I wonder if she will learn the language before I do? This trip is going to happen, we are already prepping. We found http://www.rosettastone.com/ and from what I can tell it is awesome. The thing I like most about Rosetta Stone is the way you learn a new language. The method helps you learn a new language the same way you learned how to speak your native language. How great is that? I remember taking Spanish and French in high school and college and everything was so formal, so text book. I learned more from my surroundings, interacting with my family and friends and by doing every day tasks than I did from a text book. So we will see...
I know this blog is borring today, but I just want to make an honest attempt to add something everyday if I can. Next week we will be away so for sure I will probably miss next week, but I should have lots to say by then...
So...
The knowledge of the day:
Capri is an Italian island in the Tyrrhenian Sea off the Sorrentine Peninsula, on the south side of the Gulf of Naples, in the Campania region of southern Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment